Hebert sentenced to year for bomb threat
Published 9:01 am Wednesday, December 7, 2016
An Irvine man received probation for calling in a bomb threat to the Winchester Walmart on New Year’s Day.
Kyle Hebert, 23, pleaded guilty last month to a single count of felony terroristic threatening for the incident. He is facing a similar charge in Madison County for allegedly making a threat to the Walmart in Berea the same night.
“In our current climate, this is a serious crime,” Clark Circuit Judge Jean Chenault Logue said during Hebert’s sentencing hearing Thursday.
Email newsletter signup
He was sentenced to one year in prison, but Logue probated the sentence for two years.
Walmart officials told police they received a call around 4:55 a.m. Jan. 1 which said there were several bombs throughout the store. The store’s phone system recorded the number of the caller, which led police to Hebert’s home in Irvine.
Officers found the numbers of both stores in Hebert’s cell phone.
Hebert is scheduled to be in Madison Circuit Court next week.