Fire damages apartment
Firefighters spent several hours on the scene of a house fire Tuesday morning on Wades Mill Road.
Clark County Fire Chief Ernest Barnes said the fire was reported around 6:23 a.m. in a two-apartment structure at 360 Wades Mill Road. One of the residents, who lived in the lower space was home and smelled smoke, he said. The fire started upstairs, he said, though the resident was not home at the time.
“When we got there, there was smoke and fire coming from the gable end,” Barnes said. “We attacked from the stairwell. They found a pretty sizable fire inside.”
The fire was contained to the upstairs portion, and caused major damage.
“It burned a lot of the rafters up there,” he said. “There was significant fire damage. The ground floor was more water damage.”
At this point, the fire appears to be accidental in nature, he said.
The building is owned by Andrea Terry and Whitney Stanfield.
Firefighters were on the scene for about three hours.
A Winchester woman told police she only intended to scare a man she believed had molested her daughter. Instead, sheriff’s... read more