Police, fire reports
Arrests for April 30-May 2
• James Justin Scott Hawkins, 33, was served a bench warrant by Winchester Poice for court on May 1.
• Tyanna Rose Huff, 42, was charged May 1 with second-degree disorderly conduct and public intoxication involving a controlled substance.
• LaShannon Gayle Leon, 42, was charged April 30 with operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol, first-degree possession of a controlled substance (first offense) and third-degree possession of a controlled substance.
• Joseph Nathan Molbert, 30, was charged April 30 with possession of marijuana, failure to produce an insurance card and operating on a suspended or revoked driver’s license.
• Toni C. Ransdell, 28, was served a bench warrant for court on April 30 and charged with first-degree possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine) first offense.
• Justin D. Short, 32, was arrested April 30 and charged with operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol, possession of an open alcoholic beverage container in a motor vehicle and third-degree criminal trespassing.
Incident reports April 30-May 2
• Winchester Police received a call April 30 about a building at 201 Magnolia St. having been broken into again.
• On April 30, police received calls about vehicles at Two Mile and Fairholme being broken into, possibly by three juveniles.
• On April 30 at 10:29 a.m., police responded to an injury accident involving three vehicles at 900 Bypass Road.
• Police responded to an injury accident involving a motorcycle and another vehicle at Lexington Avenue and Oxford at 4:21 p.m. April 30.
• At 4:46 p.m. on April 30, a resident at 62 Melbourne St. reported to police that her home had been broken into overnight, and the lock had been cut off. Her dog had also gone missing.
• On April 30 a woman on West Lexington Avenue informed police she had bought a $200 gift card, thinking the seller was going to send her $50,000 in return. It is being investigated as theft by deception.
• On April 30, police received multiple reports of drug activity in the back alley between Georgia and Alabama streets.
• Police got a report May 2 at 4:02 a.m. from a woman on South Maple Street who said a 50-year-old man she had gotten a ride from robbed her with a 99 mm handgun and threatened to shoot her and others.
• Police got a complaint May 2 from a woman on Hickman Street who said a neighbor pulled a knife on her husband.
• Between April 29 and May 2, ambulance runs for Winchester Fire-EMS included 59 general medical runs, four cardiac cases, three respiratory cases, and one diabetic case.
• On Thursday, Winchester Fire-EMS responded to a vehicle fire at Evans and First streets and three motor vehicle accidents at the 3 mile marker on East Mountain Parkway, Lexington Avenue and Stamper Drive and at 1287 McClure Road.
• On Friday, firefighters-emergency medical personnel responded to two motor vehicle accidents, at Martin Luther King and the Bypass and at Lexington and Oxford, and to an odor of gas at 1478 W. Lexington Ave.
• Firefighters responded to trash fires Friday at Main and Washington and Saturday at French and Main, and to an electrical fire Saturday at 110 April Way.