Narcan training offered
The Clark County Health Department is teaming up with the state Department for Public Health and other partners Tuesday to offer free training on how to administer Narcan (a brand of naloxone) to those experiencing heroin or opioid overdoses.
The training will be from noon to 6 p.m. May 18 in the Walmart parking lot, 1859 Bypass Road.
The mobile unit is offered by the Department for Public Health.
Other sponsors besides the state and local health departments are Kentucky Opioid Response Effort (KORE), Clark County Agency for Substance Abuse Policy (ASAP) and the Kentucky Pharmacists Association.
Free Narcan kits will be offered to everyone 18 or older who comes for the training.
The training will include:
• review of commonly used opioids
• recognition of signs and symptoms of an overdose
• instructions on how to administer the life-saving drug Narcan
• peer support specialist services
• promotion of FindHelpNowKY.org
• resources and education for treatment options
For more information, call the Clark County Health Department at 859-744-4482.