Community News Briefs
Published 1:32 pm Friday, May 20, 2022
- Join the Leeds Center for the Arts culmination of the Spring 2022 SPARK Triple Threat Class. Twenty-eight students will present song and dance, as well as an improv showcase. The event starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $8 and can be purchased online at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/spark-spring-showcase-tickets-313734968737?aff=ebdsoporgprofile
- On Saturday, May 21st at 12:00 pm, join Dirty South Pottery on North Main Street for Scooped – a charitable ice cream & pottery event. Annually taking place to raise money for non-profit organizations within the community, over 200 unique ice cream bowls made in our studio located at 37 North Main Street in Winchester, KY, 40391, have been created for this event! Buy a ticket for just $17 and you can reserve your handmade bowl ahead of time, then show up for the event ready to enjoy it, as well as a sweet treat. You also experience the joy of our beautiful downtown area, and the intrinsic benefit of supporting meaningful organizations. Eventbrite’s fee is nonrefundable. Contact the organizer to request a refund in unanticipated circumstances.
- At Robert D. Campbell Junior High School on Sunday, June 5th, join us for the Hot Roddin’ for the Homeless Car Show event sponsored by the Winchester Beacon of Hope Emergency Shelter. DJ Iceman will be featured at the event! Register by paying $20, beginning at 9am. The first 50 cars earn dash plaques, while viewers can enjoy food and beverages, as well as hourly giveaways. And, in the end, trophies for the top 30 cars will be given, along with a Home Award Committee Award and Director Award. All proceeds and donations support the Beacon of Hope Emergency Center and the Light of Recovery 90-Day Addiction Program. Robert D. Campbell Junior High School is located at 620 Boone Avenue in Winchester, KY. 40391.
- On Saturday, May 21st, the 5K Walk/Run to benefit the Clark County Animal Shelter will take place.
- Look ahead to the last week of summer with the Cruise in Car Show event on June 25th. Hosted by the Trinity Church of God at 285 Winn Avenue from 4pm to 8pm, enjoy food, music, and games. Dash plaques will be given out to the first 50 cars present!