Community News Briefs
Published 12:00 pm Thursday, August 4, 2022
• On July 18th 2022, Reed Allen Reffitt was born to Joel Clay and Lindsey Reffitt of 2200 Bedford Rd. in Jeffersonville. Maternal grandparents are William and Hazel Reffitt of Mt. Sterling. Paternal grandparents are Travis and Leslie McKinney of Jeffersonville.
• Lady Veterans Connect is hosting a yard sale on both Friday, August 5th and Saturday, August 6th. The event will be held at Anna’s House, located at 11400 Irvine Rd. in Winchester.
• The annual employees reunion for Rockwell International will be on Saturday August 6th from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Clark County Fish & Game Club. Meats, beverages, plates and cutlery will be furnished.
Email newsletter signup
• An Eastside Baptist Church Women’s Circle located next to the railroad tracks at 148 E. Broadway St. will take place on Saturday August 6th. They will be having a yard sale, while also selling hot dogs, nachos, funnel cakes, and popcorn.
• The Kentucky Jeep Owners Association – consisting of the Central KY Jeep Crew that meets in Winchester -presents a Time to Rally for Eastern KY Supplies Drive on Sunday August 7th at 9:00 a.m. The event will be held at Cabela’s in Lexington, KY.
• To assist those in eastern Kentucky, a Block party will take place on Sunday August 7th at the Local LEX Market from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The location is 439 Southland Drive, and will feature Winchester business Rusty Arrows Boutique. Items accepted include bottled water, non perishable foods, cleaning supplies, flash lights, trash bags, baby food, diapers, and gently used or new clothing on any gender or sizes.
• First Baptist Church cordially invites you to attend the FBC Gospel Music Workshop and Concert! The workshop rehearsal dates and times: Monday, August 8th, Tuesday, August 9th, Thursday, August 11th and Friday, August 12th at 7:00 p.m. nightly. The workshop will be held on Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
• Legacy Grove Park presents Legacy Nights on Tuesday, August 9th with music starting at 5:30 p.m. Sponsored by Ale 8, Night Flyer will be playing with Jayce Turley. The address is 1107 W. Lexington Ave. in Winchester. Kids booths will be present, along with Clark County 4-H Extension, Campbell Jr. High Youth Services, and Girl Scouts. Food trucks will be there as well, including Bell on Wheels, Mama D’s, Bella’s Ice Cream Truck, Berts SpeakCheesy, Sno Biz, Harkness Edwards Vineyards, and Abettor Brewery.
• At the Clark County Public Library on August 10th, the Center for Energy Education presents Solar 101: A Community Education Workshop. You’re invited to learn about Utility-Scale Solar & Renewable Energy, benefits of solar in the community, and Center for Energy Education Programs. The Clark County Public Library is located at 370 S. Burns Ave., and the event will take place from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. To register, dial (859) 810-7010 or email center4ee.org/events/. With any more questions, contact Kris Fields, Community Engagement & Education Manager by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A small group study lasting 8 weeks will begin on August 17th at 6:45 p.m. at Calvary Christian Church on 15 Redwing Drive. The content will come from a book by Tony Evans titled Oneness Embraced: Reconciliation, The Kingdom, and How We Are Stronger Together. Facilitators will be Crystal Brantly, Vache’ King, Rhonda Gould & other guest speakers.